View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #27
29RPU

Default Re: Mom's Last Model A Ride

Hi Tom.

Another Tom here, and I lost my mother this last April. Sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did the best you could. We always think there will be more time. The passing of my mother made me want to spend more time with my family and appreciate them. I don't know about your parents, but I think often times mine showed genuine interest in my hobbies, but weren't invested nearly as much in them as I was. By that I mean, they are interested in what we do but I don't know how much either of your parents missed not getting a ride.

I know we picked up a 29 RPU recently to take my father's mind off of my mother being sick. It sounded good, and as he always does, he showed interest. It has been 4 months now and he still hasn't gone for a ride.

Anyway, my simple little advice is don't look back with regret. Look forward with appreciation for your currently loved ones and appreciation that you had good parents! Sounds like they had a good son, which was a far greater joy than a ride in your model A(s).

Best wishes,
Tom
29RPU is offline   Reply With Quote