Thread: Battery Tenders
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #28
50fordcoupeman

Default Re: Battery Tenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automotive Stud View Post
I have a few cars with electric clocks, and after a month of sitting even in the summer the battery wouldn't crank the car. They would always take a charge and be fine, but that's why I started using battery tenders almost twenty years ago. Disconnecting the battery when I wasn't using it would help, but it would still lose a charge over the winter.

As for battery life, I had a battery I bought in October 2006 that needed to be replaced September 2017, and another I bought in March 2006 that I replaced in May 2019. That one still started the flathead just fine, but it failed a load test and I didn't want it to leave me stranded. I have an optima I purchased in 2009 that is still on a tender and going strong.

I don't know about you, but I never got well over eleven years out of all of my batteries before using the battery tenders. And I never have to wonder if my car will start when I want to take it out. If you don't see the value in that, don't buy one.
Thank you for your reply. I was just asking is all. I use a battery shut off on all of my old stuff so running down a battery is not an issue. My only exp with a tender is my friends burned up car so was just asking. Nothing asked nothing learned!!
50fordcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote