View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 09:27 PM   #1455
RKS.PA

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
Sounds like GB has a great plan for his show! Wouldbe agrand time!
Tom,
Looks like a Mcormick Deering and a John Deere for sure. Yard art I assume. Your pictures are good! I am sure lots of kids and adults have gotten their photos with those tractors too. Farm life as a kid was good kept me out of some trouble!

We are approaching the tractor season for shows and pulls. Will be busy till October moving tractors around the area, trying to pull just a little farther than the other folks! Price of diesel, well it hasent gone down any, so we suck it up and get it done.

The engine for the 32 truck may get some additional attention today as there is rain in the forcast.

Had a good talk with Robert R from Wyoming last night. He has warned me of all kinds of details on these big truck as they get old and worn. Like alignment and potential shimming of the bell housing to the flywheel. Flatness of the intake and exhaust manifolds to the block. Bushings that may be worn in the front of the transmission. The need for new pressure plate and clutch disc to rreduce chatter. Worn bushings in the pivot points of the clutch and brake arms. A weath of information that man!

Yesterday was off truck items also like painting the back deck gray was green. and helping shock barley at of local tractor club. 2 acres were cut with a binder powered by a Farmall M. and hand stacked in the field for drying.

Regards,
Chris
Chris, hate working with barley!! Those hulls on a hot sweaty day are torture!! Grew up on a farm on the southern part of N.J. Don't ever want to work with that grain ever again . BTW, since my dad was a big Ford fan, in those days, we had a '36 flat bed and a '48 with an Eaton 2 speed axle. Tractors were John Deere's !!
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote