View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
sugarmaker

Default 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Barn folks,
I am fairly new to the Ford Barn Forum. Sent here years ago by a Ford friend. I am in the early stages of a new to me project that I will need much help and guidance on in the future. I have posted a few pictures of this truck I was looking at. Today with the help of several friends I decided to secure this truck. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can get it home and start to look at it in more detail.

I had been looking for a project. I found one!

I tend to write a lot and post a lot of pictures I hope both will be ok? Being active on other forums for years I try to check in almost once a day.

Ok back to the project.
The truck was advertised in a small newsletter for our local antique tractor club. I called the number and went and looked at it several weeks ago. It was a local truck used in a water well drilling business. Today 6-1-21 I decided this should be my next Ford project. The plans will develop as we learn more about these!

Having only owned Ford trucks since the mid 70's it checked that box.
This 32 AAB dump truck has been stored up on blocks since about 1952 or 1953. It has 65K miles on the odometer. Its pretty complete and original except for maybe the turn signals and the headlights.

I am brand new to these vintage trucks. It appealed to me. Two other friends looked it over and give a nod of approval. The owner and I came to agreement on the price and hopefully it will be able to get out and see the light of day soon.

The dump bed is starting to grow on me. It was a "work truck"! It is a hydraulic lift. The dump bed is a Galion. Tag is on the right side rail: Might be a little hard to read? I thought it might be a GarWood from other truck pictures. I was wrong. It has a rounded inside corner. The GarWoods are sharp in the bed corners.

This truck is not running,it does roll, on some poor old tires, engine is stuck, dump bed is not hooked up or attached to the frame and the list goes on and on! But that's where we start! This truck falls into the category of Barn find, which should fit the Ford Barn nicely too!

Enough for tonight. Your comments are always welcome!

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by sugarmaker; 06-02-2021 at 05:53 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote