Thread: F1 Radio issue
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
big job

Default Re: F1 Radio issue

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Its been a so long time since I was into radios. Many had condensers all over, ground straps
on hood, those springs in front wheel bearings behind the dust cap. Then most if not
all went to transited power supply like 1957 or 58 and all those suppressors went away.
Sounds almost like a voltage spike? Buffer caps? we use to snap tubes with your finger
any noise or static bad or weak tube. Capacitors have a life span as many nos in the
box on ebay but they are 75 yrs old no good. I have no idea what was done to your
receiver like probably had a transistor vibrator installed which I have no luck with or maybe the power supply was changed > no clue.... so in the shop its fine but on the
road its not but on the road generator is putting out more amps and volts: All I can say it with no money spent do a red neck test - a 6volt battery on your floor jumper wires
remember pos ground. now go for a ride that will eliminate most or all interference, generator noise plug wires suppressors worth a try first.......sam
big job is offline   Reply With Quote