View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 09:46 PM   #35
GeneBob

Default Re: New Engine from Todd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post
Gene, I know what you mean about the China stuff. The problem is that we (USA) make almost nothing any more. It jumped up and bit us hard when the pandemic hit. We can not turn the ship on a dime, and it will take time to undo all of that.

Every time I need a new pair of tennis shoes it kills me to shell out that money for something made in Vietnam. Vietnam if all places. They tortured our POWs for fun. Let me say that again, just for fun. They tortured a few of them (along with help from the Cubans, arranged by the Russians) to death. No I have not forgotten. Any time I can buy something made in the USA I do, even if it costs a little more.

Gene (the other Gene LOL)
Hey Other Gene,
I refuse to buy anything made in Viet-f*ng-nam. I always check before I buy. I found a helmet in a Harley dealer that was made there and I asked the manager if she knew who her customer base was!
Anyway, I was asking about the Tod effort and spoke with him just to find out if there was a USA made option. Apparently, the work Tod does is spoken for far in advance of the manufacturing. I am happy for him but wish I could get one of his blocks.
Brent, Tod mentioned a desire for more capacity if your machine shop has capacity, maybe you could help him expand?
Terry, please don't take offense at my questioning a USA choice. I really wish you could take your block to a USA casting house but I understand your Chinese source has a lot of investment committed to producing high quality parts for you and you want to keep your loyalty to a good supplier.
GeneBob is offline   Reply With Quote