View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 01:36 PM   #26
Gene F

Default Re: New Engine from Todd?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneBob View Post
Thank you all for the information. I will be finding out more from Tod directly, I hope. I just put a supercharger onto my 1930 Tudor and would like to build an engine with 5 mains and better oiling to withstand the increased loads. This is not an immediate project, just an expectation that the original engine will not last forever.
Nothing against the Burtz engine, I think he has accomplished a fantastic feat in bringing the engine to production and everyone who has one seems to love it. I was hoping to find an engine that is not manufactured in China.
Gene, I know what you mean about the China stuff. The problem is that we (USA) make almost nothing any more. It jumped up and bit us hard when the pandemic hit. We can not turn the ship on a dime, and it will take time to undo all of that.

Every time I need a new pair of tennis shoes it kills me to shell out that money for something made in Vietnam. Vietnam if all places. They tortured our POWs for fun. Let me say that again, just for fun. They tortured a few of them (along with help from the Cubans, arranged by the Russians) to death. No I have not forgotten. Any time I can buy something made in the USA I do, even if it costs a little more.

Gene (the other Gene LOL)

Last edited by Gene F; 08-08-2023 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote