View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 05:05 PM   #10
Rusk

Default Re: Is it common for radiator hoses to do this?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
That's bad...how do the heads look electrolysis wise? The reason I ask is because that water pump impellor is very eaten away too...Almost looks like you've been running an acidic mix.
The heads don't look bad. I believe they were resurfaced when the engine was rebuilt, approximately 2000 miles ago. I think the water pump is ok too. My pics make it look worse that it is. The impeller is smooth and there's minimal rust inside the housing.

I added a couple more pics. The head in the bottom of the picture was the side where the head gasket blew thanks to this junk clogging things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
Rusk, it might be worth sharing some info, if known.

Origin of hoses. Where bought from, make and how old.
Mart.

I'm not sure of the origin of the hoses, they were on the car when I purchased it. I've had it for 3 years, but I believe the restoration was done about 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
Coolant: What are you running? Water? Water/antifreeze(summer coolant). Water wetter? Odd non water stuff? (Evans)
Mart.

I'm not sure what the PO used, I believe antifreeze. I ran antifreeze and water, but it puked a few times before I added one of Skip Haney's valves on the overflow. I refilled it with water when it got low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3160.jpg (64.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3161.jpg (46.7 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Rusk; 01-28-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Rusk is offline   Reply With Quote