Thread: Hershey chatter
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #35
dean from bozeman

Default Re: Hershey chatter

The weather couldn't have been better.

A lot of carts. If a person needs a cart, then a doctor's note or something like it should be necessary. Many carts driven by "healthy" looking guys who want to get around faster.

Bicycles are the real danger. On Thursday I almost got hit by a younger guy who was going way too fast. I was walking toward the tables on the right. When I turned to go left he cruised by. A step more and I would have been nailed. It would not have been good for me or the biker. Technically there should be no bikes at all on Thursday.

RV's, I'm with the "sell parts or their space is not renewed" crowd. Maybe they could make a place for all of them to park. Otherwise, it causes a lot of unnecessary walking and hurts guys with spaces where there are only one or two real vendors per lane.

I find that the vendor who has one or two Model A parts can have them priced way too high. Otherwise I thought that the prices were in the ballpark with an occasional great bargain mixed in.

Though it was sad, it was also nice to see widows of several Model Aers selling parts. It is difficult to get to a funeral but it is good to have an opportunity to give condolences. At times I find myself in a melancholy mood when walking around Hershey. So many good people have passed. On the other hand, there are so many new acquaintances that are made each year.

The Car Corral is always interesting but there are way too many "newer" cars. I usually enjoy cars 1969 and older. My personal wheelhouse is for vehicles from 1925 to 1941.

Would I change a few things? Yes. Will I keep going? Yes, as long as I can.

I do look forward to Hershey almost every week of the year. Is it weird that I enjoy hearing that "familiar voice" on the PA system at Hershey?

P.S. Just thought that they could have a row in every field for those large RV's. They could be angle parked for easy pull in and pull out. This would allow the "real vendors" to be packed closer together. That might be a win-win. The big RV's bring buyers. The sellers might have more visits.

Last edited by dean from bozeman; 10-15-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added a thought
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote