Thread: LED vs HALOGEN
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 07:46 AM   #29
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: LED vs HALOGEN

For others interested in the Australian bulbs here is the response I got, and the instructions.

Yes I know about the Logolite LEDs and have had many negative comments from customers about them. Only good thing is they are cheap!!! I have also done beam projection tests ad find as you say don’t dip just get dimmer.
My Model A kit gives a proper high low beam dip with a flat top no glare low beam like a modern headlight. They work on both polarities and 6-12v. Brightness equates to about 55w Halogen.
To fit all one has to do is remove the existiiong bulb and holder and slide the lead module in from the rear and secure with fittings supplied. Connect lead to headlight wiring and ground and you are done. Have sold dozens of kits at Carlisle and Hershey last fall with great aplomb. Price USD$150 a kit plus Airmail post of $17.
I have included a copy of the instruction sheet to give you an idea on how it all works.
Cheers
Anthony Pearson

If you are replying to an email that I have previously sent, on a topic we have been discussing, please can you remember to include that email. I receive a large amount of email each day and it can be difficult to locate our previous discussions.

http://www.classicandvintagebulbs.com/
Business Hrs 9am-5pm CST (Adelaide)
Classic and Vintage Bulbs
82 Cumming St
Blackwood 5051
South Australia
Ph/Fax Office 0882784393
International +61882784393
Cell/ Mobile 0401123316

------------------------------------------
Hello,

I am researching LED headlamps

I recently converted to LEDs using logolites.

http://www.logolites.com/

They are OK, but do not focus/pattern. For high/low beam they only change intensity. On the Model A do they not sit correctly in the shell, and do not properly use the characteristics of the special head lamp lens. Additionally they have 2 rows of LEDs, an upper row and a lower row, but when inserted in the lamp socket the rows are not completely level with the ground.

I am looking for more info on your bulbs but have issues with your site. I am using Gmail/ Windows 8.1, internet explorer 11, 64 bit, and when I click on some of the links on your site, get a message you want to down load an app to my computer, I need to download an app, go search for one and none available. I have had this issue with other sites, contacted the site, and eventually it gets fixed. I've also tried this on Firefox. Am using goggle, not chrome.

So had to contact you this way instead of through your site.

Was hoping to get a catalogue/pricing and enquire about what I need.

Compounding this issue is you do not seem to have a dealer/etc. for your products in the U.S. You seem to have somebody in the U.K, but only for British cars.

Also I saw where you head lamp BA15D can not use the current sockets, so is the Kit mentioned include new sockets for my existing reflectors?

If you have more info and pricing, please email it to me at this address, and if you have U.S. contact/dealer.

Thanks

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Model A Installation of Headlight LEDs.pdf (397.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by 30 Closed Cab PU; 05-23-2019 at 08:05 AM.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote