View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Chickasha disappointment.

I had planned to attend again however another commitment (-racing at Bristol) kept me from attending this year. Instead, I sent a wants list with a friend from Knoxville who was able to source many items for me. Chris, I am not sure when you arrived, but half of the swap meet is held in the adjacent parking area the day prior to the event officially opening the gates. This may have been why you did not see many good items for sale.

As far as it being disorganized, you need to understand this swap meet started as a small (-still is) meet where where a group of people who (only) share an interest in early cars have chosen to have a meet. It is in a primitive setting in a very small rural town, -and with that may come the perception of being disorganized. Brass-era has always been the main attraction for this meet. What most people do not realize is if you attend a large swap meet with 500-600 vendors, maybe only 100 of them will have early pre-war parts, ...and maybe only 50 of them will be selling Model-A parts. At this meet, you have 150+ vendors all selling early stuff, so you don't have to walk past 20 spaces filled with Camaro & Mustang stuff, -or Trinkets & Trash vendors just to get to the next space that has some Model-A parts.

These pictures were taken from the meet in 2019 a couple years ago, but I went to the meet with an empty SUV, and an empty barrel & trailer, -and this came home with me. The back of the SUV was filled with more delicate items (headlight buckets, hubcaps, speedo cores, etc.) The barrel was about ½ full of core items to rebuild (steering arms, distributor housings, carburetors, and smaller items to difficult to strap down). I hate it that you were unable to find what you needed, but as Bill said, the Covid has affected many things in our world including this meet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1353.jpg (134.9 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1349.jpg (121.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1350.jpg (114.3 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1351.jpg (104.7 KB, 161 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote