Thread: door alignment
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
wingski

Default Re: door alignment

Hey John, I checked out where Suffolk County is and wondered. Do you have to be concerned with salt air affecting your vehicles? You are exactly 10 degress north of where we live, and even though we are only 30 miles from the Pacific Ocean we get no salt air. Our humidity averages about 17% in the summer, so I really don't even have to worry about moist air until winter.
I want to share something with you. For years, I've been limited by the heat of summer to when I can work in my uninsulated garage. A month ago, I realized that a ceiling fan would make a big difference out there, so for $60 I installed one with a remote by the door. What a difference. The fan is a ceiling hugger with a light and it can be 110 plus and I can work out there with a wet sweat band and a wet towel around my neck. I thought I'd share this with you, not because of heat, but dealing with condensation in winter. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to have to deal with damp metal parts nearly as much as I did without a fan. The only thing to be concerned about is clearance. I have my cabriolet up on a flatbed trailer now while working on it, and have to watch where I position the car because of the fan. I've got the A parked with the engine right under the fan and it is such an improvement over no fan. I've never seen nor heard of a ceiling fan in someone's garage, so maybe I'm a first.
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote