Thread: door alignment
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #10
wingski

Default Re: door alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by john charlton View Post
The cabriolet body is a wood framed body so you need to take care before you undertake anything drastic . The body sits on wood sub rails, the all steel cowl sits on these . The doors and quarter panels are wood framed, the lower edge of the quarter panels are nailed to the underside of the subrails . There is a steel rod adjustable turnbuckle on the inside of the quarter panels these are attached to the quarter panel top rail and bolted to the wood subrail . In pulling the body in by a ratchet strap could damage the turnbuckle attachments so before doing this take the inside trim off to see whats going on .Maybe adjusting the turnbuckle could pull the body in slightly . My cabriolet had the same problem which turned out to be a bent frame so it was a body off job to fix it . I would get a body man in for advice . Steel bodies like tudors,steel doors, etc etc respond well to bending and twisting but wood framed bodies and doors do not IMHO

John in no weather today Suffolk County England .
John, I'll gladly send you some of our 100 plus weather. We've had at least three weeks of it and it's getting old. Explain more about these turnbuckles.
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote