View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #19
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: Harmon Collins build thread ...

Todays discussion is the harmon collins contacts .

The contacts are aircraft magneto points ( the very best quality platium) very dependable and hardly ever fail ( keep the coil resistance at 3.0 ohms ) NO MSD blastr stuff !!!!
In many cases we dont have to replace , just a good clean up with brake clean and a $2 bill for emory cloth ( money is the finest emory cloth you can buy ) Just spray some brake clean on a folded bill and polish the closed contacts . Works very very good .
The point plate is a modified crab plate , brass contact straps are removed and cut off , screws and point posts are discarded .
We lightly blast the plate ( i use a mixture of glass and light abrasive) and paint with trans star black primer ( the very best paint for the job) .
Reuse the factor wire leads if possible and reinstall to plate .......
LOOKS GREAT ...

Note got a pm from whygoby that DZUS has passed away a few weeks back , and he had a few ( small quanity) new rotors for the Collins he had made ???

Another note : Terry my part time guy just happened to have a pocket full of $2 bills . Left over from his old strip club days !!! Hes 80 and said he got a lot of use out of twos sometimes picking up 50 or so each week when he cashed his check ??? I dont understand but some will ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3813.jpg (46.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3815.jpg (47.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3816.jpg (65.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3817.jpg (51.4 KB, 93 views)
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote