View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #16
Ian1932

Default Re: Installing a 32' Roadster Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Question: In looking at your photos, I spied a couple things in the front-end that are a bit strange.

1) The front axle has been dropped - though it appears to be a later axle - maybe a 33-34, doesn't look like a 32. (No big deal, has nothing to do with safety or use).
2) I saw a couple photos where the driver's side of the front wishbone looks to have a major kink/bend in it?? If what I see is correct, then it should be corrected. Maybe that wishbone was used with some later engine conversion (some big OHV V8) - but it should not be that way for an original flathead and I'd question the geometry of the front end as such. In my mind, this needs to be addressed.

Here is the picture I'm talking about:

Attachment 412753
So, My dad was originally going to put a chevy v8 in the coupe. This was modified on purpose. He thinks he did that to clear the starter. He doesnt remember...Im not sure about the axle. He had the rear end of the coupe axle tubes flipped over so the spring perch was on the bottom and the shock mount cut off. I have an unmodified wish bone but im going to use in on the coupe which is now going to be a stock car. The wish bone fit like a glove and clearly had welds where is was cut and had a pc added to account for the bend. If i had another one i would have used it but you really wont see it anyway. I saved all the best stock stuff for the coupe and had most of it sandblasted already stashed in their game room. He did these things years ago when everyone wanted tube shocks and big chevy...
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote