View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #11
KCTA Chris

Default Re: Road trip: making it there and back

I wanted to camp in the truck this trip, I have before, but not so far away. My comfortable cruising buddy opted for a hotel rather than his truck (flathead guys). My choice was a stay at a RV Park- wife and I travel in a 1940's camper and knew I could get a shower and electricity at one, I wanted both... (one more than the other). Perhaps I should have said more than "it's a truck with a bed camper", or done better research when selecting campgrounds. I was parked between the late shift semi-permanent resident and the camper full of kids that didn't quite get it. Either way... I had an audience. Plus side was plenty of 50 amp service for my single Edison bulb, the bad was the buzzing streetlight and truck traffic. When I constructed the cover I chose heavy cotton tent material. Looks vintage and still is waterproof, just not all the other areas around it. Most my stuff was dry but some damp to the touch. With the exception of blowing up my air mattress camp was set up in minutes. times I'm glad I made the bed a little longer as everything fit and no feet hung out this time. Wasn't bad once I was all zipped in and crashed worn from the drive.
KCTA Chris is offline   Reply With Quote