View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
D-Russ

Default Need Help Identifying 30s Ford Door Dove Tails

When I bought my Model A Vicky body, it didn't come with most of the door hardware. You would think I could just call up Mac's or someplace similar and buy the pieces I needed. But the problem is the aftermarket doesn't make a lot of Victoria specific parts, and I don't have any of the original pieces to match to.

I've purchased a number of door parts from various Model A body styles just from looking at the pictures in the catalogs. This method was working fine until I got to the dove tails.

Here's a picture of the male and female pieces I have currently.

The problem is that the male piece seems to be too thick/fat to fit into the female piece that screws to the jamb. When I remove the male piece, the door closes and latches great, but with the male piece installed on the door, the door won't close at all.

Using my "look at the picture and ignore the actual application" method, I discovered that there are sizes/thicknesses of male dove tails. Here's a pic from a Dick Spadaro flier. It looks like the one on the left is thinner than what I have, which may work, but it is just a drawing.

Here's my question: Can anyone suggest the correct male dove tail piece to fit into the female piece I have pictured above. I'll need the exact year and application.

Thanks!