View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #70
52Allard

Default Re: Rebuilding an Ardun OHV 1954 - 1956

And that's about all I know. THought it was worth sharing because of the notes from all the different people that were at the top of their game including Zora Duntov, Clem TeBow and others. Hope it was interesting. It goes to show that it took a village and a lot of persistence to make the thing run.

The speedometer in the car currently has a little over 40K miles on it but now the car has a completely stock '62 Cadillac 390 in it and the speedometer isn't hooked up so I'm assuming the Ardun lasted the 40K miles and Sisler didn't want to go through another Ardun rebuild so swapped it out for the Cadillac. I think the Cadillac was purchased new since it doesn't have a serial number (I hear Cadillac stamped the serial number after it was mated with a car). Unfortunately, the Cadillac has the stock Jetaway 315 automatic transmission so can't really use the engine up to its full potential. After the Cadillac engine, I'm guessing Sisler kept driving the car until '73 or that's what the front license plate says and sold it in the early '80s. It's been a non runner ever since.
52Allard is offline   Reply With Quote