View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Visit to the Henry Ford Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBnut View Post
I'm doing a cross country trip in a few weeks and plan on a some site-seeing stops along the way. One of the places I want to go is the Henry Ford Museum. Taking a quick look on their website, it looks like it is more of a collection of museums. I only have a few hours, so I can't see it all. For those of you who have been there, what would you recommend for a guy like me that is most interested in seeing things related to the old cars.

Their website lists:

Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation
Greenfield Village
Ford Rouge Factory Tour

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Ken you are asking us to tell you what color of a car to buy. There are many, many different things in the museum that are not what you think of in a car museum. I have probably been a museum visitor 8-10 different times and each time something else catches my eye. One time it may be a display of bread toasters, -or telephones, -or ??? Again, what may interest you may not interest you in the slightest.

I would also encourage you to spend at minimum of a full day at the museum. Next door to the museum is the Benson Ford library which is where the library is that stores all of the Model-A blueprints. They keep saying they are going to re-open it soon, so it may be open by the time you are on your trip.

The one thing that I would suggest if you do spend the day there is to pack you a lunch and go back out to your car for lunch. I have found it is very easy to spend $20-$25 for a sandwich, chips, and a drink in their restaurants.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote