Thread: 1932 BB Dump
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 09:35 PM   #87
Redpond2

Wink Re: 1932 BB Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
David,
These dump truck guys have to stick together! The few, the brave, the ........ Ok just went off in the weeds!
I believe Nate is looking for some big boy wheels and lug nuts too. Anbody out there? I lost my lead from a year ago for some wheels in Mich. I didnt really need them so I passed on them. WIll try to pick up the trail again.

Nate I know some one that might be able to make some seat frames, Not show quality but might work for you. Springs from Snyder's worked for me. They can build custom springs too.

Will be interestd about your dash gages? None of mine function at this time but it really doesnt slow me down any. Amp gage is superseeded by a volt meter. The spedo cable is not in the truck and the 90 mph is probably not the right one anyway. Only have to worry about speed in a school zone! The gas gage, way over my head in complexity, so I just pop the seat off and look in the tank.

What was the original color of your truck?? Find paint inside the cab??
Regards,
Chris

Chris- you will be disappointed by my dash. There’s almost nothing there but a shell of the ammeter. I do have a set on order, likely to be rebuilt but they haven’t made it yet. Refer to post #55 for some pics of my dash.

I also have the gas gauge to figure out. My sending unit had nothing hooked to it. So if I come up with anything I will let you know. These require a special fluid in the gauge correct? I would say my 32 ford books will tell me for sure but they haven’t made it quite yet either.

If you happen to have some measurements on the seat frames I’ll gladly take that information. Worst case I know a fella up in PA with some experience

Everything on this truck is a rust red. Even the few knobs I have so, I have a feeling, sometime in the past there was a spray gun involved. Under the tank is black, however, so that very well could be the original color but I can’t say for certain.

Caution: living may be hazardous to your long term health. Eventually, and often over time, death has been known to occur....
Redpond2 is offline   Reply With Quote