View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Model A wheel powder coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie9n View Post
Just wanted to update. I still have not received my powder coat. The phone number is still disconnected and my emails have gone unanswered. Model A Wheel colors website is still up and powder can still be ordered so just be advised that you probably won't get your order and will be out money. I just wanted to warn anyone that was thinking of ordering powder coat from them to do so at your own risk.
I really did not want to initially weigh in when you first posted but my experiences with them many years ago was not pleasant either. Like someone else suggested, call your Credit Card company and have the charges reversed, ...then move on.

BTW, I realize this can be confusing but powder-applied paint is indeed plastic however a good quality sprayed urethane paint is too. My method of removing powder paint from a wheel is to re-bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. This over-cures the paint and makes it brittle. Next we put it in our hot caustic tank overnight. The next day we use a steam cleaner to pressure was what is left remaining.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote