View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #15
devoreb

Default Re: Registration process in North Carolina

Bob
I live in NC near Raleigh. I just purchased a panel delivery from MO.I had to get it inspected by a DMV inspector then I went to DMV (i'm going to tell the short story), they gave me a plate and applied for the title. About 3 weeks later I got a call from the inspector and had to return the car for another inspection. This time he told me "Raleigh" needed him to do a closer inspection. My number on the block was A******* it didn't have the star before and after the numbers. He wanted to scratch the block to see if the stars were present. They weren't there and I had to get 2 appraisals and post a bond for 3 years. This has been a tough ordeal. Lots of time off from work , sleepless nights and a very unhappy wife. Now I did all this around October and I just sent the last of the paper work in December. After all this was done I went to the DMV to re-apply for the title and the woman said this would take 5-6 months to get the bonded 3 year title. Now I wait.
The moral to the story make sure you have the stars before and after the number. The star stamps are $12.00. If I can help further help send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number to talk
devoreb is offline   Reply With Quote