View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #10
Stingray70

Default Re: Registration process in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob/AZ View Post
I have relocated from AZ to NC . My A has been registered with an antique plate in AZ since the early70's. So, I am looking at the NC rules and they seem a little onerous compared to AZ. Looks like I might have to pay a "property tax" and have it inspected at one of the state inspection stations. Does that mean, God forbid, an emission test, seat belts, signals? Any NC A owners have any help for me on this? It won't be a daily driver, just parades and Sunday outings on secondary roads. Thanks for any help . Bob
I live in NC and just bought my '30 Coupe in December. It came with an out of state title using the engine number as the VIN. I walked into my local tag office and 15 minutes later walked out with my temporary plate. I registered it as an "antique" (which I recommend) and my Antique plate arrived in the mail a week later. I keep this under the seat in case I am asked for it since I have a 1930 plate on the car. I also have a hardcopy of the NC law which allows this with my registration in the car.

Three weeks later and still waiting for a letter from the state asking me to bring the car in to verify the VIN. Once that is done, I should get a NC title.

As long as the inspector can see a number on the car that matches your existing title, it should be an easy process.

BTW, registering as an antique will save you money each year on the property tax. There is no downside to doing this.

Good luck & welcome to NC