View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
jim galli

Default My fifth T-Bird, but 1st in many many years

A '57 followed me home from Las Vegas on the trailer yesterday. Having been in the car hobby for 52 years I well understand the first impulse to ride off in all directions madly when you get a new project. Couple questions for the experts.

Which of the "clubs" is the logical choice for the early birds? Strengths? Weaknesses?

I live in a remote area of Nevada that does not have the talent (especially and including me) to do a body and paint restoration. Does anyone know a worthy shop in Northern Nevada that can do a correct restoration. Too many T-Birds with wavy quarter panels and you look underneath and the evidence of sloppy bondo work is spread like cake icing. Looking for a shop that can achieve about 98% metal work and 2% frosting on the cake (aren't we all). Know I must pay the price. That's OK.

Me and my bride of 42 years took our honeymoon in a '56 in 1975. The '57 I bought is a California car with good metal throughout and what tipped me over is the paint code is Coral Sand body with Raven Black porthole top.

I'll be actively looking for a soft top for this also.

Thanks for any ideas!

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com
jim galli is offline   Reply With Quote