Thread: Skip's pumps
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #17
Kube

Default Re: Skip's pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Boy, you better stand-by and brace yurself for an edumacation from the "x-perts" on thermodynamics........while I get some popcorn cooked-up! DD
Oh man, you nailed it! Just wait until GM sees that post! This is gonna get fun! I am going to pop a large bowl of popcorn and like you, sit back and enjoy.

I used to rebuild my pumps - it's easy. A number of years ago, I found it more cost effective to have Skip (George) do them for me. I gotta say, I have had Skip build numerous pumps for me to date. Each and every one has performed flawlessly. Great guy and great workmanship. No question about that.

Now, did any of his pumps make a bit of difference of operating temperature on any engine I'd installed them upon? Nope, not a one.
Keep in mind, every engine I rebuild, I rebuild properly. I also rebuild each radiator properly and no doubt restrict the flow somewhat by installing 155f thermostats in all engines.

Nope, never found the need for "super magical high volume impellers" nor "Water Wetter", nor "Purple Ice". Never found the need for an overflow tank and / or pressure valve. Not even a 4# cap...

Oops, popcorn is done. Gotta go.