View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #41
52flthed

Default Re: Overdrive Transmission in a 1952 F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross F-1 View Post
I bought an OD trans at a swap meet, and after measuring it up, sold it. I can't say I've ever seen a successful transplant, but I have heard changing the crossmember to an F-2/3 type gives the clearance. Not sure what else is required, and the F-2/3 crossmember normally mounts further back than the F-1 type. Honestly I doubt it will work in the F-1 position. The bottom line is, it's less work to install a T5.
Ive been strongly advised not to attempt an OD in my truck. Its very very expensive and it radially alters the truck. If keeping it stock means anything to you. I would think about a different ratio gearing but I'm actually quite content living with and driving the truck as it was originally built, bias ply, 6 v and all the other so called "annoyances". I like slowing down, relaxing, driving this truck on the back roads on the weekend is what its all about for me. Im on the freeway doing 80 plus all week long. LOL. The point of the truck is it take you back in time and take you to places you might not otherwise expect to go. Learn to live slow is the advice I've taken from ownership of this truck.
52flthed is offline   Reply With Quote