Thread: Model A CRASH??
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #105
hardtimes

Default Re: Model A CRASH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber31 View Post
My wife loathes driving my 66 impala. It steers fine to me but she says it veers all over the place. I only notice a difference when I hit big bumps.
Hey Barber,
This thread revival is fate/timely !
Just sold 95 yr old FIL's '66 chev impala...top of the line model with bells/whistles,etc.. In excellent garaged kept low mileage condition..it is to be made into a 'low rider' ? I said that's tooo cheap price FIL says..let it go ! Had to steer EARLY in direction wanted with that big boat,eh !!

Just informed by friend that his friend just got Tboned by an illegal who driving SUV thru red light. The beautiful A pickup , with mechanicals, had OHV head and warmed up engine. The A owner had truck for many decades , since he was teenager.. Sad story, indeed!!

Someone says..most dangerous period was '50s/'60s..agree/disagree.
Well, it all depends on where you live to answer that question today.
I do not remember all the mortality/mayhem , that goes on now with autos...back then. When speeds now are as high ('legally') 80 MPH, how can it possibly be safer from that standpoint alone Now if you live here in lalalaland , where anything goes as far as driving without training/licenses/insurance, illegal, on/on ...you soon would come to realization that it is NOT safer than back when. It used to be that the idea of DEFENSIVE driving was the standard that would maybe keep you somewhat safe. NOT the case out here ! HELTER/SKELTER driving out here IS the case now. Just dwell , for a moment, on the idea of lots of angry/hurried/ discourteous people behind the wheel of a couple ton vehicle that goes like a rocket when pedal to the metal..laws/license be damned.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote