View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #74
Hunter

Default Re: I could not sit idle, have a new project

Two weekends ago I had the pleasure of visiting Will at his shop. Through his ingenuity and determination he has assembled/fabricated an amazing set of metal shaping/forming tools.

He also took a little time and shared with me some of his life stories through pictures, trophies, and old newspaper articles.

When I first met Will a number of years ago at Hershey and listened to him, I have got to confess that I thought no person could have done all the things he said he has done over the years - NASCAR, movie making, knowing Bert Reynolds, building race cars for a movie, owning a stock car that Dale Earnhardt Senior drove, etc. Yet what you find when you get to know him is that he tends to substantially understate his achievements. My son and I attended a stock race driver's reunion near Chapel Hill a few years ago and as we walked around everyone knew Will and his contributions to the sport of racing.

He has truly led an exceptional life and is skilled beyond imagination. Thanks Will for the tour and the fabulous NC ribs that Peggy was so gracious to provide. At your suggestion my son and I visited and had a great time at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Thanks again Will!

Hunter
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote