View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #73
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: I could not sit idle, have a new project

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Mitch, Glad you got it to work, I am not much good at computer 'issues'.

Brent: I just got back last night. The car we were 3D scanning is a 1935 Bugatti Type57, Serial#57314. The 3D scanning is a labor intensive job to prepare, more than the actual scanning and uses a HUGE amount of both RAM and hard drive. I just bought a new laptop to get the 16 GIG and 500 GIG hard drive to be able to work with the file size needed. We got separate scans of the fenders, grille and a few minor body panels that were easily captured and saved, but the full body scan (one side only) just about maxed out the computers speed and storage ability.
You know, when you restored the pick-up and the panel, your education and winning Henry Awards on those two earned you the equivalent of a High School education, ....HOWEVER you are about to skip the Bachelors degree portion of college because you are now are working on obtaining your Masters degree with that car! Few people in this world have earned the right to even touch such a piece of art, whereas you have earned the right to be the Artist on such a project. Well done, Sir!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote