View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #173
Wisconsinjimmy

Default Re: Model A motor froze-up

I have a nut splitter that works fine the problem is the unruly size of the tool makes it hard in tight spots but does work, Dremel works great also but the disc's are rather spendy. I like the idea of twisting them off and one other way if you have a stick welder you can short the bolt using 75 amps. Before you turn on the welder get a good ground then clamp the hot end to the bolt or nut in question and turn it on and you will have to be the judge as to the time on shut it off and turn the bolt or nut loose, this is the same principle used to un freeze pipes. When all is said and done I like Kroil, squirt it on and hit the bolt or nut hard with a dead blow and wait a day.
I used to play with tractors and found the best way to un stick a motor is to fill the cyl with brake fluid mixed with kero, take an Oak 4x4 and grind it round put it in a cyl and at the same time use a large iron bar with a socket on the crank with a couple friends putting constant pressure on it while you move the log from one cyl to the next, have yet to bend a rod or crack a piston.
Wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote