View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
WTSHNN

Default The Model A Museum Opening, in pictures

(this is going to be a very picture oriented series of posts...)
If you reply to this please remove the pictures if you quote anything otherwise this thread will be miles long...

Well, I made it up to the Model A Ford Museum grand opening today.

We were told that the organizers had set out 300 chairs for those attending. Every chair was taken and there were probably just as many, if not more, people standing all around the chairs. Long story short, easily over 1,000 people were in attendance. This made it very difficult to get pictures of the whole museum or particular cars. I'm sorry as there are a lot of things I didn't get pictures of (several more cars, fashions, the classroom, the MARC and MAFCA displays, the theater, etc)

MAFFI deserves a lot of praise for putting together a phenomenal museum to showcase the Model A. It took a lot of work and effort and the results are something to be incredibly proud of.

A big thanks has to be given to all those who donated. From the major gift givers to the people who only bought a brick, the museum was funded entirely by people who have been touched by these cars and all the artifacts inside the building represent the stories and the love that millions of people have had with a Model A.

-Tim

Walking in the front doors this car greeted you...

Immediately to the left was this '31 Pickup...

Walking in to the first room was a 1903 Model A Ford, the beginning of Ford Motor Company...

A Model T was also on display to help show the visitors the dramatic leap that occurred from the T to the A.

Then, right there in front of you, it sits...Thomas Edison's Phaeton, *A1*

Yes, there are some upgrades and things done to the car but it is still really cool to know that this is a car that Thomas Edison owned and had a very real likelihood that Henry Ford rode in it.

Early open ended bumpers...

Next to Edison's car sits an early '28 Tudor...that I wasn't able to get a picture of but here are shots of showing the <-- ON OFF DIM --> headlight switch and the early tail light.

This car was presented as a "Business Coupe" and it had a trunk but the landau irons are not correct but still a cool car to have on display.

A Special Coupe...

There was a Phaeton

A Fordor

A Vicky

A 400 A

Another Steeltop Pickup

A Coupe

A Postal Truck

Last edited by WTSHNN; 05-20-2013 at 10:51 AM.
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote