Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #141
TonyM

Default Re: Mac's survey

You have to wonder why some members have had very good experiences with Mac's while others have not. I am beginning to think that it might depend on exactly what you are ordering. No one carries large inventories anymore in retail sales. How many times have you heard from retailers (of all characters) "...we don't have it in stock, but we can order it for you." Sometimes a customer will have to wait while the part is aquired from the distributor or manufacturer. Some people are more patient than others. I don't mind waiting seven days to get a part (seven days is the longest I have had to wait for a part from Mac's), for others, a seven day wait is intolerable.

It seems all of the overseas members who have chosen to comment have had positive experiences while all of the negative comments are from people here in the states. Maybe it's cultural. Some want it NOW, while others are patient and willing to wait. As for the parts, it seems that Joe's, Drakes, C&G and Mac's get their parts from the same source lots of times. I've ordered parts from Joe's and when they came, the parts were Drake parts. No big deal. Lot's of the complaints are about the cost of shipping, and I can sympathize. I purchased several small pieces that could have fitted in a large envelope, yet I was charged about $8 for shipping. Not thrilled about that, but the pieces arrived at my home in three days. That aint bad.

Last edited by TonyM; 04-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote