View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #103
QGolden

Default Re: 30 Coupe. Gonna Have To Raise the Dead

Flop, back in post 90 you asked me what bead roller I got, I missed that question, sorry. It is a Harbor Freight. I am well aware of their shortcomings, but it was in a local Classified Guide at a price I could not pass up. I know I would need to rework it and I have already re-built it with a 3/8 backing plate, and reworked the dies, and built top arch to stiffen it.(I used to be a machinist and am lucky enough to own Mills, lathe etc.) You mentioned making a gate for it and you are spot on there. I made two. One just clamps on to the frame and gives me a guide, the other is a modification of one of my two rolling work tables in the shop. I made a fixture to mount the Bead Roller to the work table at table top height and made a fence, sort of like a table saw to guide longer pieces through. It works well, but I really need a source of scrap sheet metal to build technique. Thanks again for all you do here.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote