View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #57
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: Second version of the throttle assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
Marco,
I took two pictures of the original 29 roadster throttle assembly. Neither picture was very good as I could only see a little of each side. I don't have easy access to it and at the time, I didn't even know about a two piece forging. All I could tell was that it had a straight area below the bell crank.
Rusty Nelson
Thanks Rusty, I know it can be tough. I sincerely appreciate all the effort. As far as photos go, most snapshot cameras need to be set in "macro" mode to focus on objects closer than about 7' unless lighting is VERY bright where aperture can compensate. I think macro mode is a flower symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
I wonder what the part releases would tell us about these parts on this assembly if we had them in hand?

Pluck
I'm getting to know what to expect now and the correct one or two releases MAY be helpful. I've already been able to determine the record keeping was not timely. For example, when they changed to the one piece shaft and lever design (difference between #4 & 5 below) it made obsolete the old shaft, carb control lever, retaining pin, and return spring. There was a surprising span of time between the first and last of the four items were recorded as service only items. Not a single one of those items could be used without the others.