View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #35
oliverguy

Default Re: Hershey is Dying, Corrections are needed

I've been going since I was about 12, I'm 36 now. The fleamarkets actually have been consolidated a lot since the 1980's because of development by hershey co. I agree probably more is needed. It's still the best out there for early cars. Also minimal household junk, china tools and fake signs. Lots of negotiating to reduce the historically high prices. Some vendors gave me a huge break.

I focused on the area in front and behind the Giant's stadium. That is populated with younger vendors and was packed with items. The areas closer to the old hershey park stadium are used by people that have been going for 40 years & that is where there is no longer much action.

The days are shifting. People are showing up on Tuesday. By Friday they are out of money. Plus there are two day's worth of car auctions so likely people want to go to that too. You are right by saturday the flea market is done. I save 3 days vacation every year to go. Just because it's important to me.

If you need something, it wills still be there. Still Lots of model a and t parts. I found everything I needed, even an early NOS taillight for my 46 willys jeep. And I could look at it and negotiate on price. I saw quite a few grand daughtes and grandsons driving cars such as in the highwheeler race and the vintage race car trials.

Still the best in my opinion, but tweeks every year will keep it going.
oliverguy is offline   Reply With Quote