View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

Default Re: Hershey is Dying, Corrections are needed

First off I've never been to Hershey, but the graying of the hobby and the scooters is a common trait at any old car swap meet. Between scooters and people pulling wagons it can make for tough going on anyone walking on foot. I may sound cold when I say this, but people poking along slowly on scooters talking to their buddy in the scooter next to them clogging up the aisles 2 or 3 wide is one of my pet peeves. I have arthritis in both knees and by rights should be using a scooter, but walking is great exercise.

The cost of fuels and lodging can add up when driving 1000+ miles one way to something like Hershey. An easy way to solve that is to carpool. A friend & I went to Chickasha in March, between fuel & hotel bills we spent around $400 each for a 2600 mile round trip. Not bad for a F-350 Ford Diesel loaded to the gills with T & A parts.

Chickasha is ALOT smaller than Hershey, but I highly recommend it to anyone. I found lots of good stuff at very reasonable prices. It's small enough you can easily cover it in a day and don't have to weed thru a bunch of BS glassware and crybaby dolls.

I would love to attend Hershey one year, but I'm far from retired and I'd have to carry 50 grand with me because I'd see alot of stuff I would want to bring home.

Just my random thoughts.