View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #120
joeypoconos

Default Re: Is There An Electrician In The House?

Bill - As of yet, I have not tried another battery.

After re-installing the generator, re-attaching the wires, re-setting the belt and running the car at fast idle, the car now reads 6.3 volts everywhere except the armature side of the cutout . It reads 0 with car off or car running. The 6.3 and 0 volt reading has remained unchanged, with the car running at fast idle, for quite a long time. I turned the car off and on and checked the voltage readings several times throughout this afternoon with the same results, 6.3 and 0 volts.
This is a far cry from the 8 to 10 volts the generator was putting out since the light bulbs blew way back when. Is 6.3 normal, too low, too high, what is considered normal?
In regard to the cut-out. When the battery calls for a charge, should, or shouldn't, the armature side of the cut-out (the one without the wires) show 6 volts, or a bit higher, not zero.

If the armature side is supposed to have voltage, with the car running and the battery calling for a charge, does this mean my cutout is shot or does it mean the battery is not sufficiently drained to call for the cutout to do its thing? Voltage at the battery and battery side of cutout both read 6.3.
joeypoconos is offline   Reply With Quote