View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #48
callcoy

Default Re: F150 tranny with overdrive

The T-5 trans can be installed in an A and still use the original closed drive line. There is a kit available thru Steve Serr at Miller High Speed Heads, that provides a brand new bell housing and special rear adapter to convert a 4whl. drive version of the T-5 to closed drive line. Yes it does require the crossmember to be notched for the shift tower. I can not comment on interference with the brake cross shaft, as I moved the member one set of holes to the rear. My project truck came with hyd. brakes started and without any mech. brakes, I just stayed with the hyd. system. I think that you should contact Steve Serr to get answers to your questions.

My installation is not what most individuals would probably do as I am in a frame off situation and require a lower O/D ratio and because of the extra weight of my panel delivery. I need for full syncro., lack of extra levers, easier to use clutch (V-8) for my wife's limitations has resulted in this setup. By the way there are 265 models of the T-5, with O/D's from 18% to 67%. The early models refered to as "non-world class" are just fine for Model A's, gear ratios can be swapped around but I am not qualified to advise about that option.

Last edited by callcoy; 09-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
callcoy is offline   Reply With Quote