View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #42
TimM

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

I was wondering if there is any way to tell when a Huckster body was built and, if so, by who? I've read some of the posts here and they know what company built theirs and have some great history of the company, but how can you tell? Did original companies leave any type of marking or tag on the body? Can one look at certain features or parts and make a determination from that?

In looking at the photos here and on the web in general, it appears as though it might have been a free for all! Many design features appear to be in common, but no real "standard" seems to have been in place.

My Huckster came from Hawaii where it was used in the movie, but I have wondered if it was "built" specifically for that and was just cobbled together then, or if was a period body. It has several "unique" features about, such as the wooden windshield frame which I don't see on very many. Tends to make me think it was more of a prop than an original car. Still love to own and drive it, just wondering about its "upbringing"

Tim
TimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)