View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #31
Pete

Default Re: When is a "Model A" no longer a "Model A"

Over the years I have had more fun than a barrel of monkeys with my A by taking it to small car shows. I wouldn’t try it now though because I have added a couple things to the interior like a digital speedometer, high back seats, a stereo and a bolt in roll cage.

Back then though it looked completely stock on the inside and out down to the original wheels. Granted they had adapters to mount on aluminum race hubs with disc brakes but from 6 feet away it looked stock. I ran aluminum wheels normally.
It has had various engines from a B to a flathead V8 and then to a 406 SBC. Always had side panels with baffles on the hood so you couldn’t see in.

It was always interesting to get in a conversation with an old timer and invariably they would ask how fast I had driven it. When I would say over 150 many times they would either call me a liar or keel over in a faint. When I showed them the SCTA dash plaque verifying my statement, usually they would just shake their head and walk away…..Like I said about the monkeys.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote