View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #136
RockHillWill

Default Re: I could not sit idle, have a new project

Saturday was Bob's last day here in Rock Hill. What a talent. Don't let his quiet demeanor fool you. He is one smart and talented guy. It's clear where Mallory gets her 'smarts' He did all the metal finishing and it stepped up the appearance of the speedster as a result. Things that I would have said were good enough, he took the extra time to complete in a more professional manner, much in the manner of Jim Hery, Kent White, Per and Peter Tommasini. These guys have taught me more about metal shaping with their attitude than with their displays of accomplishments.

We got the surrounds in place and the edging done on the front one. I bought more than 900 rivets since I started with the floor pans and only have a few left. My wife Peggy held the bucking bar on most of them. She has been a great helper throughout this project as well as the Model A restorations, and I am hopeful that she will remain supportive and helpful for the upcoming Humvee project. Note the cute little 'spring retainer' that Bob made after I asked if we could make the gas gage wire be taunt where it runs along the fuel line protective sleeve. Where the removable panels fit the body I joggled the edges of the adjacent panel and installed them with countersunk rivets. Towards the end of the day, we installed a temporary gas tank, rolled that rascal to the rear of the shop and opened the back door and lit the fuse. Bob brought a multiple carburetor adjusting tool to help tune the multiple carbs, and with the long tail pipe on it, there was a deep, mellow rumble that is rather distinctive. Note the dry floor after 20 minutes of rubbing and 20 minutes of cooling off. The sound is not like any of my other Model A's. Man, I LOVE that 'shee...t', The sound, the smell and the minute floor vibration winds me up. I'm gonna be hard to handle for a few days, LOL!

THANKS BOB KOLENDA!!!!!!!!

BobSat 007.jpg

BobSat 009.jpg

BobSat 012.jpg

BobSat 015.jpg

BobSat 017.jpg

BobSat 021.jpg

BobSat 029.jpg

BobSat 037.jpg

BobSat 038.jpg

BobSat 040.jpg

BobSat 044.jpg