View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 12:48 AM   #33
haag1332

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Update on were we stand with the sockets.

I am pleasantly surprised at the interest level, and it will definitely help with the cost.

Originally I acquired 2 blanks. I just made the second socket to prove the process. The second one turned out as well as the first and is a perfect fit on the good gav housing as well as the housing I was given with the corners rounded off.

On Tuesday my fathers car club will be critiquing the first prototype at there meeting. As long as they come back with great reviews and agree with our idea of a price point (which will obviously be one of a labor of love and not making money), we will set everything in motion. Hopefully they will post their opinions, and I am assuming one of the members will also be posting pictures at that point, or I will do so myself.

If the reviews are as I expect, I am planning to make a run of 50 parts and will order the blanks next week. It will take a week or two to fit the parts in around my normal shop production. We figure to keep the price as low as possible we will probably sell direct to all of you folks. We are planning to just use usps flat rate shipping since it's only 5 or 6 bucks, plus it's the same price if you want one or more. Once I have the parts ready we will contact everyone with a paypal link to purchase the items and ship them immediately.

As I said this is all contingent with respect to the reviews of the car club members on Tuesday, but I am sure they will vouch for the quality of this socket which is as good as or better than a top of the line socket from snap-on or anyone else for that matter.

Should anyone have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to post them here and I will answer them as soon as possible.

P.S. I obviously cannot keep the price reasonable using my shop labor to produce these parts, so I will be manufacturing them myself after hours when the equipment is available. Hence the reason I said this will be a labor of love, not one of making money.
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote