View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #23
ericr

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
To answer your question Tom.

I have told my father what I think we can make them for either one off or in quantity.

I think he is trying to determine how much interest there is in order to determine what size run we could make, and in turn, once we know that we will know how much they would cost.

Obviously we can't make 100 and only sell 10, conversely, it wouldn't make sense to make 10, when there would be a market for 100.

I only made this socket to prove a point and provide my father with something that was unavailable for his birthday.

I had the tooling made in order to produce the socket, and I can make quite a few more with the same tooling. I personally, don't just want to make a bunch of these, only to be left with a bunch of these, lol.

Guess the real question would be. After everyone sees the pics, and understands the quality of the tool, how much would they actually, be worth? and can we make them in that price range?

With my research, I don't believe anyone out there has the ability or tooling to even make an honest to goodness 13/32" 6 point socket, or wrench for that matter. And as everyone would have to admit, a 12 point if available, will just round the corners and damage the original part.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I am sure if the interest is there, we can help all of those interested.
I'd buy one....
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote