View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 11:58 PM   #8
kawagumby

Default Re: A question for old guys

Do like I do...and just get it done without a care. I'm 73 and just built an addition to my shop just so I could have a place to store a model A. No problemo,, just as I was pouring the driveway, my heart went into V-tachy...had to be hit with the paddles while my grandkids watched in horror...that was fun. Then I had three stents placed in my heart the next day...and the drugs for that procedure and heart maintenance caused painful arthritis in my hands, my right thumb is no longer usable. No problemo. Now for some reason, my blood pressure is exploding...no problemo....ah, the golden years....all in the last four months!

I do plan things ahead and work slower, because I have to now. I'm a guy who has to keep busy also, but it hurts a lot more, for sure. I no longer regret spending money on whatever I think I might need cause this is it!

My model A has been a great diversion and I found I could still pull the engine and refit it by myself without too much fuss...but folks, I've gotten slower than honey in the winter time.
kawagumby is offline   Reply With Quote