View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 03:52 PM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Frame welting application

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Tudor View Post
Well.....yes and no. That is what is was told by two Henry winners? Which have done 3 cars between the two of them. I did mine that way and did not receive any deduction in that area. My answer was just based on what i have been told.
It has been my experience that just because there was not a deduction given during adjudication does not make it correct or authentic.

With regard to a comment in one of the previous linked posts, there was comment made that I should post a picture that I found at the archives that counters what others believe. This is an area where I am probably a little more lax now in publicly posting images and clips that I have paid for, however there was a time when I was worried about publicly posting images and information that I received from the Benson Library for fear I would not be allowed to research there for breaking their rules. Anymore, I just tend to say "whatever" to those that push their opinion if it counters mine. A great example is a question Hunter Fanning asked here about 10 years ago about frame welting. Marco gave his opinion as to what was correct. He is a great historian and a very knowledgeable restorer for which I have great respect for. I have included something that shows where my research counters what his was. That is why it is suggested in the Standards to restore your car based on your own research.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MarcosAnswer.pdf (114.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf Frame Welting Dimensions.pdf (1.87 MB, 65 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote