Thread: Disk brakes
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Disk brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodart View Post
I agree with COOP entirely......I have disc fronts, Ford drum rears on my "40 coupe. It would be foolish to not change the MC for one that is designed to this purpose. I used a BOSS 429 MC (15/16 bore), but if I were doing it again I would use a Corvette MC. The Mustang MC works very well, but the cover needed to be modified to fit under the floorboard.....the GM one does not.

hotrodart …...Thank you for your vote of confidence in my little shpiel. One thing for first-timers to be aware of with the Corvette M/Cs....there are TWO different M/Cs used on these cars, as ALMOST all '65s and ALL '66-'82 Corvettes had 4-wheel disc brakes, and MOST had vacuum brake boosters. There were some late '60s and early '70s Vettes that were ordered with NON-power brakes, and those so equipped used a M/C with differently-sized bores than the ones with power brakes. One Vette that I owned and restored was a '69 with NON-power brakes. Even with the correct M/C installed, you still had to climb on that pedal pretty good to stop that thing.....one of The General's "un-better" ideas. Just some handy info to throw out there. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote