View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 08:07 AM   #8
GB SISSON

Default Re: 46 Conventional Truck Cab Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlir View Post
He is looking for the LF Driver Lower outside cab corner, section right on top of wood block, that area apparently rotted away from road salt exposure.
His cab is good otherwise, Midwest has nothing.....
Thanks!!
I'm still kinda confused.... I think of cab corner as behind the door. The wood block in that area is sitting on the frame quite a ways inboard. The forward corner is right on top of a wood block and is mostly covered by the front fender. On a completed truck we see only about an inch of it at the bottom. I would call this a cowl patch, but I'm certainly no expert on auto body terminology. Edit: On re-reading your last post I see you have the 'LF' in there. This would be in front of the door. Still think calling it a cab corner might have confused a vendor or two.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote