View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #39
OldGold360

Default Re: More New Sheetmetal Products for Pickups

I have known Colton for nearly 20 years. He is a great guy, excellent metalshaper and I consider him a friend. I was just speaking with him about these fender pieces and I knew he made complete fenders but never realized he offered sections of the same rear fender for sale. Anybody that needs these pieces should contact him. As far as the rear fender to running board reinforcement plate, thanks for the pictures. I was not aware that anybody was making these. However, the good one on my fender looks different than yours. Is yours an exact copy of an original? The good original on my fender has different bends, the bead extends further out, the lower bent flange isn't as long and they are made from two pieces of sheetmetal, stacked together and spot welded. The ones I have made are laser cut and they have the correct hole for fender mounting as well as the 3 square holes for running board mounting. I agree that we should not try to go out of our way to compete with each other on this site, but does this still apply if we offer a product that is another variation of a part but does the same thing, especially if it is an exact replica of an original part? I have already made 3 pairs, laser cut and formed. I need a pair for my pickup so that leaves me with 2 pairs. If you would like me to refrain from selling them, no problem, or if you don't think I should produce any more. I am not trying to step on anybody's toes and certainly don't want to make any enemies. I am just trying to offer parts for these pickups that I didn't think were available, especially since I already had to make these same pieces for my pickup that I am restoring. If knowing I was going to only make these parts for my pickup and did not get requests from others to make extras, I would not have invested as much in tooling to make multiples.

Last edited by OldGold360; 02-21-2022 at 02:57 PM.
OldGold360 is offline   Reply With Quote