View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #12
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil

I've use MMO and seafoam and like them both. I have a'74 Ford 1 ton that was parked for a long time and i needed to use it. I drained the fuel and put in fresh and got it started but it ran poorly. Wouldn't idle at all, anything under 1000RPM and it would stall. Had my son hold it at 2000-2500RPM while i poured MMO down the carb. Poured until it almost stalled, let it catch it's great that poured some more. Did this 3 or 4 times (used 1/3 of the bottle) and the truck ran and idled smooth. Pretty sure to was sticky valves. Made a LOT of smoke. pouring either MMO or SF into the carb while running is good for cleaning the combustion chambers and all mechanical related, IE valves, rings. I fail to see how pouring into the carb while running would affect the jests in the cab since it is in the air flow and is therefore introduced downstream of the jets but pour it in the fuel and it will clean the carb including the jets. I good way to clean the valves and rings I'm told is to pour it in the car while running until it stalls and let it soak for 20 minutes or so. I done;t recall if I've ever tried that to not but sounds logical.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote