View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
A bones

Default Re: Price of cars down, price of parts up

For the record, my high school extra curricular activities were collecting and storing what I call Rope Cars. After school I'd stepped up to dysfunctional runners more, than I care to speak of. During all this fun my neighbors and family shook their heads and fists.

As my focus shifted to romances I was lead to streamline the collection. Still though I'd always hang onto an "A" Model and worn muscle cars would come and go as the social recognition of nostalgia grew. ( now my circle would say thing like "wish you had that one or this one yet?") GRR.

So,, after a heartbreaking theft one night. I had to sit, stare at the sky and conclude that all this extracurricular activity was begun as fun. It was done to be different from the crowd, that it was all fun and good, that money was not the issue.

Bottom line: I do what I can without considering value. Long as it makes me happy. My wife understands its not a business. She has her Thing. I currently have 4 different decades to play with. No regrets.